Shared Ownership Properties
Part-buy-part-rent your next home.
What is Shared Ownership?
Shared Ownership is a Government-backed affordable home ownership scheme that enables people to buy a home without funding the full market value of the property.
How it works
Buyers can purchase a percentage of their new home normally between 25% - 75%. The remaining share will be owned by a local housing association and be subject to a monthly rent or occupancy charge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Different Schemes offer different eligibility criteria. Currently we only offer shared ownership properties at our Moncrieff View development in Lenzie. The criteria includes:
- You must be aged 50 years or over
- The property must be used as your main residence
- The purchaser can earn up to 60% of the meridian average, not exceeding £1,230 per month. This excludes pensions and savings
- The purchaser must have a local connection with East Dunbartonshire Council; Lenzie, Kirkintilloch and wider East Dunbartonshire Council area
- Can purchase a fixed 75% share of the home only
Any shared ownership properties purchased at Moncrieff View, Lenzie will be owned by Bield Housing & Care.
Bield Housing & Care is a not-for-profit organisation, Scottish Charity and Registered Social Landlord.
As one of the largest providers of Housing and support services for older people in Scotland Beild offer an affordable home ownership option for people aged 50 years old and above.
For more information about Bield Housing and Care visit www.bield.co.uk